Duo has made a backend change that will be effective March 1, 2021, that may require you to perform a one-time update to the fob you use for Duo.
These instructions are relevant for U2F configured fobs. This is the type of fob that is self-configured and, for University-issued fobs, is typically blue in color.
- After entering your NinerNET username and password on a Single Sign On site (e.g. Gmail, my.uncc.edu, Canvas), you see the following prompt...
- Click Continue
- You will be prompted to "Tap your key to upgrade your token" - tap the button on your fob/key
- You will be prompted to allow access to you fob - click Allow
- A "Success!" prompt will briefly display on your screen
- You will be redirected back to the Duo authentication page and will see the Security Key as "Just Added"
- Click Continue to Login (at the bottom)
- You can then perform the Duo authentication normally to access the system you are logging into