Yet Another Mail Merge (YAMM) is an easy to use Gmail add-on for users to perform a mail merge. Select a draft written in Gmail, replace template keys with names and other information from the spreadsheet and automatically send personalized emails to up to 1,500 recipients per day. Follow the steps below to use this add-on.
- Draft the email message in your University Gmail
- Open a new Google Sheet
- If you've already created a template for mail merge, you can open that Google Sheet. You may also use this new sheet as a template for future mail merges that will require similar information
- Format the new Sheet with your desired information
- Example: create a column for name, email address, etc. Click here for more details about formatting
- When the mail merge formatting is complete, click Add-ons > Yet Another Mail Merge > Start Mail Merge
- Click Continue and choose your UNC Charlotte email address to send from, when prompted
- If this is your first time, click Accept when asked for permission to access your email and related items
- Select the desired Draft from the drop-down menu and enter the appropriate information
- Click Send Emails
- A progress bar will display until all emails have been sent and the confirmation message is displayed
- Note that a new column will be added to your Google Sheet to show Merge status that the email was sent to that recipient. You will also see how many emails remain for the day
- Click OK
After your first mail merge, you may receive a congratulatory email from Yet Another Mail Merge.
The University's Office of OneIT provides limited technical support for those electing to use Yet Another Mail Merge (YAMM). Support includes best effort IT phone support (no ticket escalation) and the FAQs shown. Individual colleges/departments may offer additional support.
times since Nov 29, 2022