- InCommon Certificate Service:
- UNC Charlotte has partnered with the InCommon Certificate Service to provide unlimited SSL certificates to UNC Charlotte colleges and departments for secure website viewing and interactions. The back-end Certificate Authority is Comodo.
- At this time UNC Charlotte is only offering Standard SSL / TLS Server certificates provided by InCommon Certificate Service.
- All newly issued certificates, after 3/4/16, expire after 3 years.
- Certificate Signing Request (CSR):
- A CSR, or Certificate Signing Request, is an encrypted body of text that is generated on the server that the certificate will be used on. It contains information that will be submitted in your certificate.