Call forwarding is limited to local calls. Under certain emergency conditions* when access to on-campus resources is unavailable, long distance permission may be granted.
*emergency conditions not typically weather related
There are 2 ways to do this from your on campus desk phone and from off campus using the Cisco Self Service portal. If you think you need to use the Self Service portal, request access in advance.
From your desk phone:
Display setting varies based on phone model
- Look at the display screen
- Find and press the CFwdAll or Forward All button on your phone
- Enter the phone number all calls should forward to
- Remember to add 91 to long distance numbers
- Click CFwdAll or Forward All to activate forwarding
- To cancel call forwarding, press the CFwdAll or Forward All
- See this Cisco Quick Guide or this User Manual for more details
From the Self Service Portal:
- If off campus, login to the VPN first, if on-campus go to Step 2
- Login to the Cisco Unified Communications Self Care Portal using your NinerNET username and password
- The first time you login you will be prompted to set a PIN. The PIN is for services we don't use but the prompt can not be disabled so enter a PIN, it can be any random PIN, you will not use it again.
- Click Change Pin
- You will be logged into the interface.
- Click Call Forwarding on the left menu
- Under your extension, check the "Forward all calls to:" checkbox
- Type in "9" followed by the number you wish to forward all calls to
- Click Save
- Test your call forwarding. Contact the IT Service Desk if you have any issues.
- See this Cisco Phone Self Service Portal guide for more details.