Full-time employees need to have at least 40 hours per week of Calc. Total time accounted for, with either time worked or an approved Time Off Request (time should be prorated if the position is less than 1 FTE). If the weekly Calc. Total is:
- Less than 40: Reject the timesheet and instruct the employee to submit a Time Off Request for your approval.
- After the Time Off Request is approved, the employee will need to resubmit the timesheet for approval.
- Reference this faq related to the automatic assignment of leave hours to a timesheet. This only applies if up to 6 hours are missing and the employee has a leave balance available (e.g., compensatory time).
- More than 40, and no Time Off or Holiday Time was taken: Compensatory time at the rate of 1.5 times hours worked over 40 is earned, which is accumulated in CompReg leave (once the Payroll process is completed) and available for subsequent use.
- More than 40, and Time Off was taken and approved: Reject the timesheet and instruct the employee to submit a Change Request to modify the Time Off Request and reduce it by the time needed for the weekly Calculated Hours total to equal 40.
- After the Change Request is approved, the employee will need to resubmit the timesheet for approval.