Duo can text you 10 one-time use passcodes that are valid for 6 months.
- Login to a Single Sign On system (my.charlotte.edu or gmail.uncc.edu)
- On the Duo authentication screen, (1) confirm the device you want to send the text to is selected and (2) click Enter a Passcode
- Click Text me new codes
- The passcodes will be texted to your device
Type one of the passcodes into the field and click Log In
Remember the following regarding passcodes....
- Individual passcodes can only be used once
- Passcodes sent by text are valid for 6 months, so they can be stored in a secure manner and used at a later time
- A new batch of passcodes will invalidate previous batches (e.g.10 passcodes sent in text #1. 10 more passcodes sent in text #2. The passcodes in text #1 will no longer work.)