Tell Me

Students who are registered with the Office of Disability Services (DS) and are approved for the Supplemental Class Notes accommodation should follow the below steps to request a Note Taker for a specific course:

Make sure you have selected the Supplemental Class Notes accommodation during the process when you request your Accommodation Letters. Visit the Online Request Accommodation Letters for more information.

  1. Go to DS Portal website.
  2. Click on DS Student Portal icon.
    DS Portal landing web page
  3. Click on Request Note Taker icon.
  4. Click on the Courses/notes tab in the main menu.
    Note Taking Program Help page
  5. Log in using your NinerNET username and password.

    Student Log in

    If you see the note "Notetaking accommodations not approved for this course. If you require a notetaker please contact your disability advisor," this means that you are not approved for the Supplemental Class Notes Accommodation. If you think this is an error, contact the DS office at (704) 687-0040
    Unapproved class note accommodation note

    You must indicate that you need a Note Taker for each course where you would like to receive class notes.

  6. Select the correct semester

  7. Click on change this besides the course for which you need a note taker - the field will change to Yes
    Indicating the need for a class note for a specific course

  8. The DS Note Taker Administrator will email your class about the need for a Note Taker. After a Note Taker is assigned and begins submitting notes, you will be notified via your University email
  9. For questions, email, or call (704) 687-0040

Related FAQs

Page viewed times