Can't Find What You Need?
Have a Suggestion?
Browse by Category
You must first submit an application and be accepted to one of the other UNC System schools, then enroll in a course there BEFORE applying for a tuition waiver.
You must complete the UNC Charlotte online Tuition Waiver Application in Banner Self Service even if the enrolling institution insists that you also complete their Tuition Waiver Application.
Contact the enrolling institution (Student Accounts/Bursar's Office, Registrar's Office, or the degree program director) to access their academic calendar, tuition waiver policies and where to send your approved waiver for processing.
1) Log in to My UNCC
2) Click on the Banner Self Service icon
3) Select the Employee tab
4) Click on Tuition Waiver for Employees
5) Select the button marked Request New Waiver at the bottom of the page
6) Follow the instructions on the page to confirm the assigned manager and click Next
7) Select the Other UNC System Institution option and click Next
8) Use the dropdown menu to select a term then click Next to proceed
9) Complete all the required fields on the page and reference the table below:
The course meets PRIMARILY online (even if some face-to-face meetings are required)
select the Online Course type.
The course is conducted PRIMARILY in the classroom, even if a learning management system such as Canvas or Blackboard is used to communicate course materials
select In-Person and complete the Day(s) and Time fields.
Click Next to proceed.
10) Carefully read the Tuition Waiver terms and conditions and select the box to indicate your agreement before clicking Submit
Other UNC System Institutions
UNC Charlotte’s online tuition waiver system in Banner Self Service is NOT connected to other UNC system institutions. It is your responsibility to contact the Student Accounts/Bursar’s Office at the attending university to ensure your account is up to date.