All employees and students are required to use Duo multi-factor authentication.
Follow these steps to activate your account:
- Go to ninernet.charlotte.edu
- Click on Activate Account
- Enter your NinerNET username and birth date
- Click Request Verification Code
- Select where you want to receive the verification code (text message, alternate email, both)
- If a cell phone number or alternate email address is not available, contact the IT Service Desk, 704-687-5500
- Click Send Verification Code
- Enter the verification code received, click Verify Code
- You will be prompted to enroll in Duo - click Enroll Now
- Click Start setup
- You will be prompted to set up your Duo device - step through the configuration; see this FAQ if additional assistance is needed
After successfully setting up your Duo device, click Verify Enrollment
NEW STUDENTS: Confirming Duo enrollment is separate from submitting your intent to enroll. Submit your intent to enroll in your Future49er Portal.
- Enter your new password and confirm password, click Reset Password
- After a successful password reset, the NinerNET website will return to the login page and display the success notification at the top
If you have problems, please contact the IT Service Desk, 704-687-5500 or email@example.com
Please make sure your alternate email address and/or cell phone is correct. This information is required for emergency notifications, NinerAlerts, and account verification.