Question types can be accessed after logging in to www.polleverywhere.com and clicking Create under the Polls tab.
- Multiple choice (Can be automatically graded): Allow students to choose among possible answers to a question.
- Multiple answers can be allowed, and images can also be used as answer choices.
- Points can be weighted or unweighted.
- Word Cloud: Allow students to type in a word related to a subject of choice. The words will appear collectively in a cloud form. Only question options operate in the same way as word cloud including: Icebreaker, Retrospective, Discussion, Short Answer and Bulletin Board. These options may come with pre-loaded questions. You may use these or write your own.
- Profanity filtering is available.
- Q&A: Ask a question and allow students to respond freely.
- Ranking: Students drag options into a logical order arrangement.
- Clickable Image (Can be automatically graded): Allow students to select a part of an image that corresponds with your question.
- Multiple answers can be allowed.
- Survey: Multiple question types can be put under a single, ungraded, observational survey.
- Open Ended (Free Response): Students may respond freely by typing a response to a question.
More details, including information about competition questions, can be found on the Poll Everywhere website.