- Because we are moving to charlotte.edu, Zoom meetings that require authentication to join, need to be configured to accept both uncc.edu and charlotte.edu addresses for authentication; otherwise, attendees will not be able to join the meeting.
- Faculty commonly use this feature for their classes.
- OneIT added the domain for all NEW meetings created after August 7, 2023. But existing meetings need to be updated manually by the host.
If you created an upcoming Zoom meeting with the Require Authentication to join > UNC Charlotte Users Only option prior to August 7, 2023, please follow the instructions below to avoid issues with participants being allowed in your meeting.
Go to zoom.charlotte.edu
Go to the meeting(s) you restricted to Require Authentication to join > UNC Charlotte Users Only and click the Edit button.
- Go to the Security section to Require authentication to join > UNC Charlotte Users Only
- If you only see only *uncc.edu listed, click the Edit link
- In the Sign In to Zoom with the specified domains box, add *.charlotte.edu,*.uncc.edu
- Click the Save button
The meeting should now look like thi
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the page.