NOTE: Call forwarding is different than call delegation. Call forwarding will result in received calls only ringing on the line forwarded to and not ringing on the original line called. Call delegation will ring on both the original line and delegated line.
You can forward your calls to an external phone number by customizing your call handling settings.
If you have set your Business Hours during your initial phone setup, call forwarding can be used to forward calls to another number after your business hours.
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- Click Phone and then Settings.
- In the Business Hours or Closed Hours section, click Edit next to Call Handling.
- Note: To edit call handling settings for Holiday Hours, click Manage next to Holiday List & Call Handling, select a holiday, then click Edit next to Call Handling.
- You can adjust call forwarding during Business Hours and Closed Hours.
- These are separate settings independent of each other.
- To forward to a different number only after your business hours:
- Scroll down to the Closed Hours section to When a call is not answered, instead of selecting Forward to voicemail/videomail, which is the default, select Forward to another extension
- To forward to an internal number, search for the name or the 10-digit phone number of the Charlotte extension desired.
- To forward to an external number (ex. personal cell phone), click Add Phone Number to forward to an external phone number. You can also edit or delete existing external phone numbers.
- Country/Region: Make sure to select the correct country/region in the drop-down menu so you can add the external phone number.
- Phone Number: Enter the area code and phone number of the external number.
- Description: Enter a description to help you identify the external number.
- To forward to a different number at all times, apply the above setting changes to both the Business Hours and Closed Hours section.
- Click Save.
Review the Zoom phone Customizing Call Handling documentation for additional information.