- Any event that could lead to someone gaining unintentional, unlawful, or unauthorized access to University information or resources is a security risk and must be reported immediately. Examples of security incidents include:
- Unauthorized access to systems or data.
- Lost or stolen equipment.
- Discovery of sensitive or confidential information on a public website.
- Inadvertent sending of sensitive or confidential information to unauthorized recipients.
- Send an email to SecurityIncidentfirstname.lastname@example.org or contact the IT Service Desk at 704-687-5500 or help.charlotte.edu.