Tell Me

There are situations in which a non-employee (including students) will be asked to travel on university business. Below are a few items to keep in mind when processing non-employee travel. 

  1. A Travel Authorization (TA) is required to be completed prior to any overnight travel taking place and before incurring any expenses.
  2. Once the TA is executed, departments can use a purchasing card (p-card) to prepay the nonemployee's travel expenses.

    The p-card is the preferred method of payment for expenses to be paid before travel and should be used for all expenses that will not be paid via reimbursement where possible (e.g., airfare, lodging reservations, and registration).

  3. Travel advances are not allowed for non-employee travelers.
  4. If the non-employee traveler will be reimbursed for any out-of-pocket expenses, complete a new supplier request form in 49er Mart to obtain a Banner identification number for them.

Page viewed times