- Set your meeting up to allow VoIP (connection using a computer) and dial-in (toll number) - this gives attendees the option of calling in if they are experiencing issues with the app.
- Include conferencing information along with the agenda and other documents in the meeting invitation, so materials are accessible from one place.
- Look through your meeting participant settings; consider:
- Muting participants upon entry
- Turning off entry and exit tone
- Reviewing sharing permissions
- With large meetings, locking the meeting after it begins to avoid distractions when others join. As a better alternative, consider using a Zoom webinar for large meetings.
- Optimize the space you are using and minimize meeting distractions:
- Find a quiet space
- Avoid or remove items in your background that can be a distraction
- Face a window or have a lamp nearby so you can be seen clearly
- Be comfortable where you are setup
- Record the meeting if invitees can't attend.
- Share your screen when appropriate.