Using blocks and regions in your website.
Blocks are the boxes of content that can be displayed in regions (such as banner or sidebar – indicated in yellow below) on your page. Click on Demonstrate block regions from the Blocks Administration page to view the regions highlighted in yellow. This example is from Theme 2.
Available Blocks and Regions
Accessing Blocks and Regions
- Click Create and Edit Blocks on your site manager toolbar to see the entire list of available blocks and regions.
- Click the Configure link in the far right column to edit the block.
- You can drag/drop the blocks within a region by clicking on the crosshairs and dragging.
- You can select a different region by choosing it in the Region dropdown.
- The Disabled list are blocks that are not "published." You can move a block to the Disabled list by selecting none in the Region dropdown.
Click on Demonstrate block regions in the top left of the Blocks Administration page to view the available regions highlighted in yellow.
Adding a Block
- Click Create and Edit Blocks.
- Click Add Block above the Blocks listing.
- Enter the optional Block Title, which will display on the block when it is published.
- Enter the Block Description, which displays on the Blocks Administration Page only.
- Enter the content for the clock in the Content Editor.
- Choose the Region to display the block in the first dropdown, UNC Charlotte Theme (you do not need to select anything under "Seven")
- Select the Page specific visibility settings option to the left.
- Choose the Only the listed pages option if the block should not display on every page on the website.
Add the pages where you went to block to display using the relative URL, or everything after the slash (ex: lightrain.uncc.edu/benefits)
The <front> tag determines that the block displays on the Home, or front, page of your website. This is the only time you will use <> when adding the relative URL.
You can truncate the file path and add /* after the root so the block will appear on every page with that root. (Ex: benefits/*). The block will show on lightrain.uncc.edu/benefits AND every page that is nested under Benefits in the menu.
- Click Save Block