- Log into your website as the Site Manager (https://sitename.uncc.edu/user)
- Using the site manager toolbar at the top of the page, navigate to Create Content > Basic Page.
- Give your page a Title and add Body copy.
Place the cursor where you want the image to display.
You should ALWAYS place the image at the front of the paragraph where you want to display the image. Even if you want the image to float to the left or to the right, place the image at the front of the paragraph where you want to images to display. NEVER place the image in the middle of a paragraph.
- Click on the Image icon.
- Click on the Browse Server button.
- If the image is already on the server, then select the image from the list. If the image is not on the server you will need to upload it.
- Click the Upload button (a).
- Click Browse or Choose File (b).
- Browse your computer and any drives that you are connected to for the desired image.
- Click Open.
- Click Upload (c.). The image will now be on the server.
To select the image, either double click on the image file name or click Insert file.
Accessibility NoteTo remain accessible, you MUST add Alternative text. This is what is used by search engines to help index your site, used by screen readers instead of viewing the image, and what is displayed if the image doesn't load. If you have an image that has text on it, the text is NOT readable by screen readers. It is best to make sure that the text is what is listed in the Alternative Text field. Keep in mind that there is a character limit of 255 characters. Be clear and concise.
Add the Display width. (Make sure the lock is "locked" to maintain aspect ration of the image. If it is unlocked, simply click it once.
You can resize the image here. However, NEVER upsize the image. It is best to resize the image under another software program like Microsoft Paint or Adobe Photoshop before uploading.
To wrap text around the image:
- Set the HSpace (horizontal space) and VSpace (vertical space). This is in pixels and will add white space around the image. (10px is usually a good number).
Set the alignment of the image.
The image can be floated to the left or to the right. (The image below is floated to the left and the text to the right.)
- Click Ok.
Center an Image
Set the alignment to Not Set. An image CANNOT be centered if it is being floated to the left or right.
- The image will display on the page. The image will be in line with the text. That means it is just another item on the line like another word.
- Put the image on its own line.
- Then put the cursor one space to the left or right of the image so that the image is not selected, but that the cursor is on the same line with the image.
- Click the center icon . The image will be centered.
Link to an Image
- Click on the Link tab.
- Type the URL. The http is not necessary.
- If you want to link to a file, then click on the Browse Server button.
- Find the file on the server or upload a new one by clicking on the Upload button.
- Click Browse or Choose File (depending on your browser).
- Browse your computer and any devices that you are connected to for the desired image.
- Click Open.
- Click Upload. The file will now be on the server.
- To select the file, either double click on the blue line or single click on the file name in the preview pane.
If the image is linking to a file or to a URL outside of uncc.edu, then select Target to be New Window (_blank).
For more detailed instructions on how to add and link documents, view the steps in the Add Links and Documents how-to guide.