This document provides general instructions on how to complete and submit a Sponsored Guest Account Form. For specific instructions on the content of the form, please contact your supervisor. The Sponsored Guest Account Form is used to request online access to UNC Charlotte systems for people who do not have University identification. To obtain access, a person must be sponsored. Faculty and staff can sponsor guests; however only designated Business Officers and Information Security Liaison (ISLs) can submit a Sponsored Guest Account request. A copy of the guest's photo ID (Driver's License, Passport, State ID or Green Card) must be attached with the submission. Access can be requested for vendors. For non-US citizen requests, contact the International Student and Scholar Office (ISSO) and the Export Control Office PRIOR to completing the Sponsored Guest Account Form. A form can be submitted once notification has been provided by the International Student and Scholar Office and the Export Control Office that all paperwork is complete. See these FAQs for more details.
System Access Restrictions The ability to view items and complete actions within Perceptive Content is restricted based on approved system security access. An FAQ on requesting access updates is available here. Questions regarding which security group(s) will provide the access needed can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
System Access Restrictions
The ability to view items and complete actions within Perceptive Content is restricted based on approved system security access. An FAQ on requesting access updates is available here. Questions regarding which security group(s) will provide the access needed can be directed to email@example.com.
Sponsored Guest Account Form Submission
1. Open a browser and go to the Sponsored Guest Account Form link to launch the form.
2. When prompted, enter your NinerNet credentials and click Log In.
3. The form will be displayed with the Submitter ID and name auto-populated. The Action should automatically be set as Single Guest Account Submission. If not, update the value using the dropdown.
4. In the Sponsor Information section of the form, enter the UNC Charlotte ID of the person who is sponsoring the guest, or type their last name in the field and select it from the values that appear. The Email and Guest Department will auto-populate based on the sponsor indicated. If appropriate, the Guest Department can be modified by selecting a different option from the dropdown.
The person lookup feature for the sponsor will only return currently active employees.
5. Select an Account Category from the options available in the dropdown. If Business Partner, Campus Tenant or Program Participant is selected, choose the related Subcategory from the dropdown that appears. If Campus Contractor is selected, choose the Company Name from the dropdown that appears.
6. Enter the Start Date and End Date for the guest access. The Start Date cannot be less than the current date. The End Date will auto-populate with a date 365 days from the start date, but can be adjusted to a value prior to that date, if desired. The access request cannot be for a period greater than 365 days. Refer to these FAQs for information regarding managing sponsored guests.
7. Complete all required and, where appropriate, optional fields in the Guest Information section. If a UNC Charlotte username is entered, available data will auto-populate based on information in Banner. Values should be updated if the information is not current.
It is critical that the information provided in the Guest Information section match exactly the information available on the supporting documentation that is attached.
8. Enter Additional Information that will assist in processing your request, if applicable.
9. Check the box to certify that the information provided is correct and that the request is not for a new or active employee.
10. Click thebutton to add supporting documentation.
Required Supporting Documentation
Attach image of the guest's official photo ID (example: US Driver’s License, State ID, Green Card, or Passport).
Non-US Citizen entering the United States: attach ISSO email indicating that the paperwork is complete.
11. Click the button to save the form to the system for processing. A pop-up box will appear confirming submission.
If you are not a designated Business Officer or Information Security Liaison (ISL) you will not be able to submit the form. Please see this FAQ regarding how to request access, if needed.
12. Click Start New Form to initiate a new submission.
13. Exit the form by closing the browser window.